Ross Support Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unix AD authentication

2 posters

Go down

Unix AD authentication Empty Unix AD authentication

Post by tootuffttom Tue May 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty sure the answer is YES but I can't find official documentation on it. This is from ticket 10226667

"We are in the process of upgrading gembase/IAF to 7.2.
Application server is on HPUX 11.31.
We are looking to solution authenticate against AD (bypassing UNIX user creation) or using LDAP or SMB.

Does new version of Gembase support such a setup or maybe there is software module which we can purchase?"

Thank you,

Thomas

tootuffttom

Back to top Go down

Unix AD authentication Empty Re: Unix AD authentication

Post by Seb_Barcelona Thu May 14, 2015 10:54 am

Hi Tom,

i believe it's a similar issue you have here than the one from a previous topic (https://rosscss.board-directory.net/t5-broker-domain-on-unix-server).
To associate an Active Directory to a broker, it's an easy thing on Windows, by modifying the registry, but on HP-UX (where the broker is running, correct?), there's no registry so we have to find another solution.  And the solution is detailed in the long comment (Solution from Thandava's email in aforementioned topic).
Please propose this solution to the customer and if this doesn't suit their needs, you'll have to pass a REA to Dev for then to explain us how to do this according to customer's specifications.
Thanks in advance.

Seb

Seb_Barcelona

Back to top Go down